Please contact us at email@example.com for availability
“In the next ten years, data science and software will do more for medicine than all of the biological sciences together”
Founder, Khosla Ventures
How can we transform the delivery of care? The answer is through Health Analytics. This discipline is often championed as the savior of health care in the wake of changing reimbursement models, thinning profit margins, and a paradigm shift to serve the health of populations. However, this multidisciplinary field can be overwhelming for existing healthcare professionals. Analysts already accustomed to generating data-driven insights may find the health care context hard to navigate and even Byzantine compared to other industries.
Introduction to Healthcare Analytics is designed for aspiring healthcare data champions and orients learners to this unwieldy field through the lens of three concepts: organizational mindset, analyst skill set, and technology tool set. Learners walk through a day in the life of a healthcare analytics manager to illustrate all of the components required to turn raw data into a business success story. Topics include the analytics life cycle, common use cases for analytics, roles and responsibilities for delivering healthcare analytics, and covers expectations of analytic teams.
- Articulate the role of health analytics in patient care, case management, and business operations
- Summarize the different stages of the analytic product life cycle and the business purpose of each stage
- Convince others why health analytics is an essential competency required if a health organization is to not just be competitive, but thrive
- Compare and contrast the differences between the following terms: analytics and informatics; analysis and analytics; data mining and machine learning; statistics and analytics; analytics and data science; and, business intelligence and visualization
- Summarize the common barriers to healthcare analytics being successful
- Identify the various roles of analytics in an organization
This course includes 4 live, virtual lectures by ThotWave experts, reading resources on timely healthcare use cases, and activities to test your understanding. All lectures will be recorded and available after the live class.
This course is designed for those new to healthcare as well as healthcare professionals seeking to understand the role of data analytics in the future of healthcare.
Learn: 4 hours of live, virtual lecture
Practice: 5.5+ hours of reading and quizzes
Engage: It’s up to you. Opportunities include:
- Individual coaching (optional add-on for 2 hrs or 4 hrs)
- Create a professional development plan with a skills assessment against our Healthcare Analytics Competency Model (optional add-on)
More questions? Check out our FAQ and learn how we are different!
Payment is accepted securely by credit card. Simply fill out the form on this page. You’ll then receive a prompt to enter your payment details.
Once completed, your space in this course will be secured.
For organizations with 10 or more registrants, group discounts are available. Contact us at here for more information.
Greg has over two decades’ experience and leadership in global healthcare and Business Intelligence, is a prolific writer and speaker, and author of The Analytics Lifecycle Toolkit (Wiley, 2018.)
He also serves as an expert for the International Institute for Analytics and adjunct faculty at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. He teaches analytics in both the School of Nursing and at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.
Greg has a BA in Psychology from the University of California at Santa Cruz, did PhD work in Social Psychology and Quantitative Methods at the University of Georgia, and earned his master’s from Duke University in Clinical Informatics from the Fuqua School of Business.
Don't hestitate to reach out to the instructors and ask questions! We love helping people learn about Healthcare Analytics!